Welcome to Samanthia

Samanthia is a world ruled by a precocious little Princess, Samantha.
It is the world that I and her Mother live in every day...and where we are mere subjects to her Rules and Laws.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sam's First Snow!

Being from ( and living in ) Jersey all of my life, I have taken snow and winter for granted...and pretty much hated them for as long as I can remember. Slush, shoveling, wetness, ice, shoveling...can't stand any of it. Glad to be rid of it here in Arizona. However, I have thought of how much Sam would love it...and the Science Center gave her the opportunity a few days ago. Seeing as how I didn't have to shovel it...I was all for it.

Over-sized gloves. Check.

They brought a "mound" of snow in and plopped it on the front lawn of the Center for the kids to play in/on. Sammy didn't know what to make of it at first, but soon warmed up to it. The three of us made snowballs and had fun pelting each other at close range...and Momma made 3 little snow men. One for each of us. Then, Momma showed her her first snow angel!


Then, once warmed up and in to it, Sam made a little boy cry by nailing him in the face with a snowball.

( I'd have been a real insensitive jerk if I had a picture of that. Shame on you. )

All in all, a very good day. Snow balls, snow angels and snowmen...coupled with some bird chasing a kids crying. Can't wait for next winter!



No comments:

Post a Comment