Welcome to Samanthia

Samanthia is a world ruled by a precocious little Princess, Samantha.
It is the world that I and her Mother live in every day...and where we are mere subjects to her Rules and Laws.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Momma's Rant

This is from Lana and 100% true - both in my belief and in the fact that she practices all of the following. I don't even need to add my 2 cents...as it speaks for itself:

I'm fed up with lazy parents that think they don't have to teach their kids anything because they'll just figure it out on their own, eventually. I'm sorry, but my daughter will have manners: she will not throw her food or draw on walls. She will practice personal hygeine: including toileting and washing her hands and I won't wait around for someone else to teach her these things for me as I'm one of her parents and it is MY JOB. 

I'm not going to use some philosophy to hide behind, claiming I'm doing the best for my kids by letting them do what they feel like, when they feel like it. In the meantime, I'm also not going to crush her willpower in the actions I take to facilitate her learning and growing. I respect my daughter. I give her choices when and where appropriate, but generally, I work hard to maintain her environment in such a way that anything she could want to do would be acceptable. I observe my daughter and I do my best to provide her with the mental and physical challenges appropriate to her stage of development.

But predominantly, I teach by setting a good example each and every day. I help her to the best of my abilities when she shows interest in following suit. I have confidence in my daughter. I know that she will do everything and anything in her power to learn and grow and I will do anything and everything in my power to help her when she needs me to.

Okay, I will add my 2 cents: Amen, Momma!





No comments:

Post a Comment